FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 1, 2019
CAMBRIDGE, MA — WeatherBuild®, Decision Support Solutions for the Construction Industry and Built Environment®, is proud to announce numerous enhancements to WeatherBuild Basic™, hyper-local weather risk and lightning reports with automated delivery to your project teams. Some of the many enhancements include dashboard widgets, lighting alert logic, lighting strike geolocations, lightning strike details, and many others.
- Dashboard widgets: Added interactive charts and graphs with visual displays of site-specific insights over time, including Events This Month, Events This Week, Events By Date, Events Today and Recent Events. Also, Alerts This Month, Alerts This Week, Alerts By Date, Alerts Today and Recent Alerts.
- Lightning alert logic: Fine-tuned lightning strike alert and all clear notification logic, as early warning indicators to enhance safety of work crews. Long-range lightning strike detection is critical for advanced alerts of severe weather such as cloud-to-ground strikes, heavy rain, high winds, hail, and tornadoes.
- Lightning strike geolocations: Enhanced the reliability of total lightning strike geolocations, both in-cloud (IC) lightning strikes and cloud-to-ground (CG) lightning strikes, improving severe weather warning geolocations and times by at least 30 minutes when compared to generic apps and public services.
- Lightning strike details: Enriched lighting alerts, to show all lighting strike details such as lightning strike counts by advisory, watch and warning ranges and lightning strike history logs, both when logged in to WeatherBuild Web™ and in SMS / text messaging links to mobile web alerts when not logged in.
- Severe weather alert learning: Amended the WeatherBuild proprietary rule-based machine learning (RBML) for SMS / text messaging about severe weather alerts to deprioritize or omit some severe weather alerts based on specific criteria such as urgency, severity, time, message, and other content.
- Severe weather alert SMS: Supplemented SMS / text messaging for severe weather alerts with site-specific severe weather details including titles from public services such as the National Weather Service (NWS) and Environment Canada (EC) and from private services not otherwise available in free apps.
- Web browser compatibility: Improved web browser compatibility to support Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 (IE11) for dashboard widgets and other features, based on feedback from customers who use Windows 10 and IE11 as corporate standards for the default operating system and web browser.
Headquartered in Cambridge, MA between Harvard and MIT, WeatherBuild® offers a suite of decision support solutions that empower contractors, owners and operators to improve situational awareness and make better-informed decisions about weather events, schedule impacts, safety risks and probable outcomes.
© 2019 Weather Build, Inc. All rights reserved.
“WeatherBuild®”, “Weather Controls®”, and “Decision Support Solutions for the Construction Industry and Built Environment®” are registered trademarks of Weather Build, Inc.
The WeatherBuild “W” logo and app icon, “WeatherBuild Solutions™”, “WeatherBuild Basic™”, “WeatherBuild Pro™”, “WeatherBuild API™”, “WeatherBuild Webhooks™”, and “Increase productivity. Enhance safety. Manage risk.™”, and “Weather Risk-Adjusted Scheduling™” are trademarks of Weather Build, Inc.