WeatherBuild®, Decision Support Solutions for the Construction Industry and Built Environment®, is proud to join the American Wind Energy Association (AWEA, www.awea.org) Power of Wind (www.powerofwind.org) Advocacy Network. Weather is one of the top three reasons for missed milestones in the construction industry and built environment, including wind power projects and sites across the alternative and renewable energy market sectors, with negative impacts costing billions of dollars.
WeatherBuild® offers a suite of decision support solutions that empower contractors, owners and operators to improve situational awareness and make better-informed decisions about weather events, schedule impacts, safety risks and probable outcomes. WeatherBuild’s mission is to leverage weather data, machine learning and predictive analytics to increase productivity, enhance safety and manage risk.
Renewable energy is the future.
“We can power ourselves, without fuel, without air pollution, and without getting it from foreign countries. Wind energy is not only good because it’s clean, but it’s lifting up the economy. Wind employs 100,000 workers right now and will generate $85 billion in economic activity in the US over the next four years. Wind farms help rural communities, increasing the tax base so local governments can fix roads, and build schools and hospitals. Renewable energy is expanding across the country. Supporting wind power is supporting a better future for us all.”
- Wind energy is now one of the most affordable options for generating electricity in America.
- The wind industry has created over 100,000 U.S. jobs and, with policies currently in place, will create 50,000 more jobs from 2017 to 2020, including 8,000 more factory jobs.
- S. wind projects have invested over $143 billion in private capital in rural communities and infrastructure over the last decade, and from 2017 to 2020 will create $85 billion in economic activity.
- America generates enough electricity from wind to power 25 million average homes.
- Energy independence and energy security are in every American’s best interests.
(Sources: “Policy & Issues, Take Action.” American Wind Energy Association, American Wind Energy Association, www.awea.org/policy-and-issues/take-action. “Power of Wind.” Power of Wind, American Wind Energy Association, www.powerofwind.org/.)
Headquartered in Cambridge, MA, WeatherBuild® offers a suite of decision support solutions that empower contractors, owners and operators to improve situational awareness and make better-informed decisions about weather events, schedule impacts, safety risks and probable outcomes.
© 2019 Weather Build, Inc. All rights reserved.
“WeatherBuild®”, “Weather Controls®”, and “Decision Support Solutions for the Construction Industry and Built Environment®” are registered trademarks of Weather Build, Inc.
The WeatherBuild “W” logo and app icon, “WeatherBuild Solutions™”, “WeatherBuild Basic™”, “WeatherBuild Pro™”, “WeatherBuild API™”, and “Increase productivity. Enhance safety. Manage risk.™”, and “Weather Risk-Adjusted Scheduling™” are trademarks of Weather Build, Inc.