On a local scale, tornadoes are the most destructive of all atmospheric phenomena. Contractors, owners, and operators in areas at risk need to put a weather emergency action plan in place for tornadoes.
The Enhanced Fujita or EF-Scale rates the intensity of tornadoes from EFU (unknown, no surveyable damage) to EF5 (>200 mph, incredible damage). Are your projects or sites in areas at risk from tornadoes?
Tornado Watch: Be Prepared!
- Tornadoes are possible in and near your project or site watch area.
- Review your weather emergency action plan with your teams.
- Send tornado watch alerts to work crews via SMS.
- Be ready to act if you get a tornado warning.
Tornado Warning: Take Action!
- A tornado is sighted by observers or indicated by weather radar.
- Send tornado alerts to warn of imminent danger to life and property.
- Seek safe shelter in interior rooms on the lowest floors.
- Move to the nearest substantial shelter if in a job trailer.
Headquartered in Cambridge, MA between Harvard and MIT, WeatherBuild® offers a suite of decision support solutions that empower contractors, owners and operators to improve situational awareness and make better-informed decisions about weather events, schedule impacts, safety risks and probable outcomes.
© 2021 Weather Build, Inc. All rights reserved.
“WeatherBuild®”, “Weather Controls®”, and “Decision Support Solutions for the Construction Industry and Built Environment®” are registered trademarks of Weather Build, Inc.
The WeatherBuild “W” logo and app icon, “Construction Command-and-Control™”, “Increase productivity. Enhance safety. Manage risk.™”, “Weather Risk-Adjusted Scheduling™”, “WeatherBuild API™”, “WeatherBuild Basic™”, “WeatherBuild Cloud™”, “WeatherBuild Pro™”, “WeatherBuild Solutions™”, “WeatherBuild Webhooks™” are trademarks of Weather Build, Inc.